Save water, save energy
Thanks for joining us for a water-saving adventure! In this action, I’m going to talk you through how to save water at home and in your garden. We’ve got lots of tips for you to reduce your water use by making a few simple changes every day!
Here are my top three reasons on why saving water is super important:
- SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT – 6% of the UK carbon footprint comes from water treatment and supply
- SAVE MONEY – Reduce your water bill and reduce your fuel bill by saving the energy used to heat water for your home
- PRESERVE NATURAL RESOURCES – The Environment Agency has warned that England is likely to suffer water shortages within 25 years due to a growing population and diminishing aquifers. WWF say 2/3 of the global population are predicted to suffer water shortages by 2025
There are loads of simple ways to save water. Here’s a summary of some of the easy changes you can make:
- Turn off the tap – save up to 6 litres per minute
- Shorter showers – save up to 15 litres per minute
- Shallower baths – save 5 litres by running your bath just one inch shorter
- Friendly flushing – learn how to use your dual-flush correctly, or use a clever device to make your cistern save 1 litre per flush
- Watering the garden – Sprinklers and hoses can use 1000 litres an hour! Switch to a water butt and watering can, or reuse ‘grey water’ from around the house.
- Get appliance savvy – learn how to use your washing machine or dishwasher for maximum efficiency
The small changes that you choose to make will make a big difference to the planet! The Ailuna community is here for support and advice if you are feeling stuck or need a bit of inspiration.
We’re here to help you achieve your goals, and make it fun along the way